Honey Baklava Recipe
How to Make Honey Baklava
Impress your guest with this easy to make, delicious nuts and honey baklava.
- 2 cups of raw, unshelled pistachios
- 1 cup of raw cashew
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 2 Tbs of sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Sunny Honey Miami Creamed Honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs orange blossom water
For the pastry cups
- 1 box of pastry sheets
- 2 sticks of butter
- Prepare a pan, butter it and keep it aside. Turn the oven on to 350 F
- Grind the nuts together with the cinnamon and the sugar, set aside
- In a pan, bring the water to a boil, add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Turn the heat to a minimum, and add the honey, the lemon juice and the orange blossom water, let it boil until the syrup covers the spoon. Turn it off and let it cool completely.
- Melt the butter and keep it aside
- When the syrup is cold, start working the pastry cups. Take one pastry sheet at the time, brush it with the liquified butter, add another pastry sheet, and so on, until you have 4 pastry sheets sandwiched together. Take a spoon with a long handle and roll the buttered pastry sheets to make it a long rope. Twist the pastry rope to make it a cup in the prepared pan. repeat the process, until you have all of the cups ready.
- Fill the buttered cups with the nuts. Bake them covered until golden brown. When the cups are baked, poor the cold syrup in top of every cup, they will absorb the amazing syrup as they are super hot! Enjoy it! If you need the video instructions, check our Instagram reel with this recipe.
Gluten Free Pistachio and Creamed Honey Cookies
Gluten Free Pistachio and creamed Honey Cookies
These pistachio and creamed honey cookies are a healthier version of the Middle Eastern cookies that I love so much! Gluten free with no added sugar, a great way to use the Sunny Honey Miami creamed honey.
Servings: 16 / Prep time 10 minutes / Cook time 15 minutes
- 1 cup pistachios raw, and shelled, 1/2 whole pistachios for topping
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (check the label for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Sunny Honey Miami Creamed Honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pulse the pistachios in the food processor until they are fairly crumb-like, a few lumps is fine, I actually like the crunch. Ground the rolled oats to a flour.
- Mix the pistachios, almond flour, the oat flour, melted butter, honey and egg and pulse a few times to mix well. The mixture should be fairy sticky and wet.
- Divide the dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls. Top every cookie with whole pistachios, press them down into the dough.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cookies are firm and slightly golden at the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the cookies are completely cool, store them in an airtight container. Enjoy them!
Ricotta Stuffed Figs
Serving size 4
- 8 figs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio
- 4 tbs raw honey
- fresh chopped mint
- Using a food processor or blender, roughly chop the pistachios. Transfer to a plate.
- Slice the figs, keeping them connected to the bottom
- Spoon the honey into a small bowl. Dip the figs into the honey and then pistachios. Place the figs on a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining figs. Carefully spoon a tsp of ricotta cheese into the middle of each fig. Drizzle with honey and more pistachios. Add the chopped mint and serve immediately.