Honey Baklava Recipe
How to Make Honey Baklava
Impress your guest with this easy to make, delicious nuts and honey baklava.
- 2 cups of raw, unshelled pistachios
- 1 cup of raw cashew
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 2 Tbs of sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Sunny Honey Miami Creamed Honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs orange blossom water
For the pastry cups
- 1 box of pastry sheets
- 2 sticks of butter
- Prepare a pan, butter it and keep it aside. Turn the oven on to 350 F
- Grind the nuts together with the cinnamon and the sugar, set aside
- In a pan, bring the water to a boil, add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Turn the heat to a minimum, and add the honey, the lemon juice and the orange blossom water, let it boil until the syrup covers the spoon. Turn it off and let it cool completely.
- Melt the butter and keep it aside
- When the syrup is cold, start working the pastry cups. Take one pastry sheet at the time, brush it with the liquified butter, add another pastry sheet, and so on, until you have 4 pastry sheets sandwiched together. Take a spoon with a long handle and roll the buttered pastry sheets to make it a long rope. Twist the pastry rope to make it a cup in the prepared pan. repeat the process, until you have all of the cups ready.
- Fill the buttered cups with the nuts. Bake them covered until golden brown. When the cups are baked, poor the cold syrup in top of every cup, they will absorb the amazing syrup as they are super hot! Enjoy it! If you need the video instructions, check our Instagram reel with this recipe.