Tag: gluten free
Gluten Free Honey Granola Recipe
Honey Granola Recipe
Do you love granola as much as I do? Make your own healthy, gluten free honey granola!!!!
Keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months. It makes a beautiful gift for your friends and family, just put the granola in a large mason jar, label it and gift it wilt love!
This recipe yield about 8 cups of granola, enough for 16 servings.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts or seeds of your choice (almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of your choice of Sunny Honey Miami
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried fruit of your choice : chopped dried apricots, cranberries, dried cherries, etc
- optional mix ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- In another bowl mix together the oil, the vanilla and the honey
- Pour the oil mixture onto the oats mixture, mix well, until every oat md nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan, spread it into an even layer.
- Bake until lighly golden, stiring halfway. Let the granola cool completelly, undisturbed. Top with the dried fruits, chocolate chips or coconut flakes. Mix well.
- Enjoy it and remember that you can customize this recipe, starting with the creamed honey used for the recipe.
Gluten Free Chickpea Cookie Dough
Gluten Free Chickpea Cookie Dough
This chickpea cookie dough is a healthier take on regular cookie dough, vegetarian and gluten free!
- 1 1/8 cups (400 gr) canned chickpea
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or any nut butter of your choice
- 3 Tbs Sunny Honey Miami Cacao Creamed Honey or the infused honey of your choice (pumpkin spice creamed honey, vanilla creamed, plain creamed)
- 1/4 tbs salt
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbs Oat flour (grind rolled oats)
- 2 Tbs Almond milk or the nut milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
If you are using rolled oats, process them first in your food processor.
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined. For firmer cookie dough which can be rolled into balls, add more flour.
Store it refrigerated in your recycled honey glass jars, eat it within a week.
For a quick snack, eat the chickpea cookie dough by the spoonful! For on the go snacks, make a firmer cookie dough and roll it into balls or shape it into bars. You can serve it with apple slices, pretzels or graham cookies. This cookie dough is a great addition to your fruit board.
Enjoy it, guilt free!
Gluten Free Pistachio and Creamed Honey Cookies
Gluten Free Pistachio and creamed Honey Cookies
These pistachio and creamed honey cookies are a healthier version of the Middle Eastern cookies that I love so much! Gluten free with no added sugar, a great way to use the Sunny Honey Miami creamed honey.
Servings: 16 / Prep time 10 minutes / Cook time 15 minutes
- 1 cup pistachios raw, and shelled, 1/2 whole pistachios for topping
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (check the label for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Sunny Honey Miami Creamed Honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pulse the pistachios in the food processor until they are fairly crumb-like, a few lumps is fine, I actually like the crunch. Ground the rolled oats to a flour.
- Mix the pistachios, almond flour, the oat flour, melted butter, honey and egg and pulse a few times to mix well. The mixture should be fairy sticky and wet.
- Divide the dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls. Top every cookie with whole pistachios, press them down into the dough.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cookies are firm and slightly golden at the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the cookies are completely cool, store them in an airtight container. Enjoy them!