Russian Honey Cake
Russian Honey Cake Recipe
Russian honey cake is light, sweet, and perfectly moist. Traditionally baked in a standard round pan, but it will look fancier if baked in a bundt cake pan. Perfect with tea, coffee, matcha latte, or a cocktail.
Serves 8 to 12
Russian Honey Cake Ingredients
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup walnuts or any other nuts of your choice
- Butter for the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is almost white. Add the honey, baking soda, and sour cream. Mixing at low speed, gradually add flour and nuts, and mix until batter is uniform.
- Gently fold the egg whites with a spatula.
- Generously butter a bundt cake pan (or a 9 in the round pan) and pour in batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown
You can drizzle our lavender-infused honey or our matcha honey for extra taste