Beet Chips with Spicy Honey Mayo
For the beet chips
- 1-quart vegetable oil
- 3 medium beets, washed and dried well
- Sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
For the spicy honey mayo:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp honey
- 2-3 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
- In a large, wide pot heat the oil over high heat to 375 F
- Cut the root end of the beets, and cut using a mandolin into 1/8 in thick slices
- Set up. Cooling rack over paper towels near the pot
- Once the oil is hot, slip one layer of beets in the oil and fry until golden and the bubbling and sizzling stops, about 3-4 minutes
- Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cool on the rack. The chips will crisp up as they cool.
- To make the spicy honey mayo, combine mayo, honey, and sriracha into a small bowl. Chill for at least 10 minutes. Serve alongside freshly made beet chips.