Tag: honey glazed
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots
This Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots are an easy, delciious side dish, or a full; meal, made in under 30 minutes. The tender carrots are covered with our amazing Sunny Honey Miami honey, garlic sauce and packed with nutrients, perfect for a vegetarian dish.
- 2 lb carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Sunny Honey Miami honey (key lime pie, vanilla or plain creamed)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and slice the carrots diagonally into 2 inch pieces, or leave them whole if you use baby carrots
- Place the carrtots to a large bowl. Add oil, garlic, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well until all pieces are evenly coated
- In a large non-stick baking pan arrange the coated carrots in a single layer
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until caramelized ans tender
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh chopped parsley
You can use orange or rainbow whole carrots, baby carrots as well
Storage: Store in a selaed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Honey Glazed Walnuts (or any nuts of your choice)
Honey Glazed Walnuts
2 tbs butter
1/4 cups creamed honey
2 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
2 cups walnuts or the nuts of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a pan melt the butter, add the sugar, the honey and the salt, mix to combine. This should take 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the nuts, mix well to coat them in the butter honey mixture.
- Lay this mixture as flat as possible on the lined pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to change color to a reddish brown.
- Let them cool completely before you break them into smaller pieces.
To serve: keep the Honey Glazed Walnuts in an airtight jar for up to 2 weeks. Take them on a long hike for energy, add to salads, or toss on top of your ice cream or your favorite smoothie bowl.