Adaptogenic mushroom coffee
In recent years, the world has witnessed a surge in wellness trends, with individuals seeking ways to enhance their overall well-being and energy levels. One notable trend that has captured the attention of health enthusiasts is adaptogenic mushroom coffee. Combining the power of adaptogens and the aromatic richness of coffee, this unique beverage offers a delightful and invigorating experience. In this article, we explore the concept of adaptogenic mushroom coffee, its potential benefits, and why it has become a popular choice for health-conscious individuals.
Understanding Adaptogens and their Benefits: Adaptogens are natural substances, often derived from plants or fungi, that help the body adapt to stress and promote overall balance. These remarkable compounds have been used in traditional medicine practices for centuries. By supporting the body’s ability to cope with physical, mental, and emotional stressors, adaptogens have gained recognition for their potential to improve overall well-being.
The Magic of Medicinal Mushrooms: Medicinal mushrooms have long been revered for their numerous health benefits. Varieties such as reishi, lion’s mane, cordyceps, and chaga have gained popularity due to their potential to boost immunity, enhance cognitive function, support digestion, and provide a natural energy boost. These mushrooms are rich in bioactive compounds, including polysaccharides, terpenoids, and antioxidants, which contribute to their remarkable adaptogenic properties.
The Perfect Fusion: Mushroom Coffee: Mushroom coffee is a unique blend of ground coffee beans and powdered medicinal mushrooms. The combination of these two ingredients creates a harmonious and balanced beverage that delivers both the traditional coffee experience and the potential health benefits of adaptogenic mushrooms. The coffee helps to provide an energy boost and improve focus, while the mushrooms contribute their adaptogenic properties, helping the body maintain balance and reduce the negative effects of stress.
Benefits of Adaptogenic Mushroom Coffee:
- Enhanced Focus and Clarity: The combination of coffee and adaptogenic mushrooms can provide a natural cognitive boost, promoting mental clarity and focus without the jitters or crashes often associated with regular coffee consumption.
- Stress Reduction: Adaptogens have a unique ability to modulate the body’s stress response, helping to alleviate the effects of chronic stress. This can result in improved mood, increased resilience, and a greater sense of overall well-being.
- Immune System Support: Many medicinal mushrooms possess immune-boosting properties, aiding in the body’s natural defense mechanisms. Regular consumption of adaptogenic mushroom coffee can provide an extra layer of support to keep the immune system strong.
- Antioxidant Power: Medicinal mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, which help combat free radicals and reduce oxidative stress. By incorporating adaptogenic mushroom coffee into your routine, you can potentially promote cellular health and overall longevity.
Enjoyment and Accessibility: One of the most appealing aspects of adaptogenic mushroom coffee is its accessibility. It can be easily prepared at home or enjoyed at various coffee shops and wellness cafes. Mushroom coffee is available in various forms, including instant coffee mixes, ground coffee blends, and even coffee pods, making it convenient for those on-the-go or with busy lifestyles.
Adaptogenic mushroom coffee offers a unique and delightful way to enhance both physical and mental well-being. By combining the invigorating qualities of coffee with the stress-reducing benefits of adaptogenic mushrooms, this innovative beverage has gained popularity among health-conscious individuals seeking a balanced and sustainable approach to their daily routines. So, why not explore the world of adaptogenic mushroom coffee and savor a cup of goodness that nourishes both the body and the mind?
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots Recipe
This Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots recipe is an easy, delicious side dish, or a full; meal, made in under 30 minutes. The tender carrots are covered with our amazing Sunny Honey Miami honey, garlic sauce and packed with nutrients, perfect for a vegetarian dish.
- 2 lb carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Sunny Honey Miami honey (key lime pie, vanilla or plain creamed)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and slice the carrots diagonally into 2 inch pieces, or leave them whole if you use baby carrots
- Place the carrots to a large bowl. Add oil, garlic, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well until all pieces are evenly coated
- In a large non-stick baking pan arrange the coated carrots in a single layer
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until caramelized and tender
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh chopped parsley
You can use orange or rainbow whole carrots, baby carrots as well
Storage: Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe
Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe
Sweet, fresh, tasty and healthy, this honey glazed salmon recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 (6 oz each) Salmon filets
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Creamed Honey For Sale
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pat salmon dry, then season with salt and pepper, set aside
- Add butter and oil to a large skillet, over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic, water, soy sauce, sriracha, honey and lemon juice, and cook for 30 seconds or so, until sauce is heated through.
- Add salmon, skin side down and cook for 3 minutes. While salmon is cooking, baste frequently with sauce from the pan by spooning it over the top of the salmon.
- You can broil the salmon for 5-6 minutes, basting with sauce during the broil, until salmon is caramelized and cooked as per your desired doneness.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve warm with a beautiful fresh salad.
What is Creamed Honey?
What is creamed honey?
The raw honey, the one we use is honey that comes straight form the honeycomb, we never heat it up, which preserves all the amazing qualities of the honey. Our honey is Canadian white clover honey, the highest quality honey there is!
Creamed honey, also known as spun or whipped honey, is a type of processed honey that has been creamed and whipped to create a thick, spreadable consistency. It is created by blending granulated honey crystals with liquid honey until it reaches the desired creamy texture and then slowly crystallizing it in large cooling tanks. The creaming process breaks down the larger crystals into smaller ones, making creamed honey smoother and easier to spread. It spreads like butter at room temperature and has an incredibly sweet flavor. Creamed honey is loved by many for its versatility—it can be used just like any other form of liquid or creamed honey, drizzled on oatmeal or yogurt, added to smoothies for extra sweetness, mixed into cake and cookie batters, or spread on toast.
After collecting and straining raw honey from the hive, we throw it in a honey creamer. A honey creamer is essentially a big tank with an auger that spins liquid honey periodically over a few days. Honey naturally wants to crystallize in the tank but by stirring it we interfere with the crystallization process. This allows us to control the size of the crystals. The smaller the crystal, the smoother and creamier the honey. Creamed honey has a smooth, sumptuous texture that is perfect as a spread but preserves the goodness of raw honey. This process takes 4 days!
Creamed honey is especially popular among beekeepers who prefer harvesting creamed versions of their own raw honeys to save time and effort in the kitchen. The creaming process stabilizes the liquid form so that it won’t crystallize too quickly or deposit any sediment at the bottom of the jar. This creamed honey is a great choice for those looking to enjoy their honey without worrying about it becoming overly thick or grainy, as it maintains its smooth consistency for much longer than traditional liquid honey.
In addition, creamed honey has a much more subtle flavor than regular liquid honey and can be used in a wide variety of recipes, from toast and yogurt to baked goods and tea. It’s also perfect for adding an extra layer of sweetness to your favorite dishes like pancakes, oatmeal, ice cream sundaes, and even smoothies!
So if you’re looking for a delicious alternative to regular liquid honey that won’t leave your hands sticky or cause any mess in the kitchen, creamed honey is the perfect choice. Not only is creamed honey easier to spread than spun or whipped honey, it also has a superior flavor and texture that will have you coming back for more! Try creamed honey today and experience the difference!
Creamed honey, despite any of its names, contains no cream (or any dairy products).
Other Names For Creamed Honey:
- Whipped honey
- Spun honey
- Granulated honey
- Churned honey
- Fondant honey
- Honey butter, or
- Soft set honey.
Honey Baklava Recipe
How to Make Honey Baklava
Impress your guest with this easy to make, delicious nuts and honey baklava.
- 2 cups of raw, unshelled pistachios
- 1 cup of raw cashew
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 2 Tbs of sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Sunny Honey Miami Creamed Honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs orange blossom water
For the pastry cups
- 1 box of pastry sheets
- 2 sticks of butter
- Prepare a pan, butter it and keep it aside. Turn the oven on to 350 F
- Grind the nuts together with the cinnamon and the sugar, set aside
- In a pan, bring the water to a boil, add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Turn the heat to a minimum, and add the honey, the lemon juice and the orange blossom water, let it boil until the syrup covers the spoon. Turn it off and let it cool completely.
- Melt the butter and keep it aside
- When the syrup is cold, start working the pastry cups. Take one pastry sheet at the time, brush it with the liquified butter, add another pastry sheet, and so on, until you have 4 pastry sheets sandwiched together. Take a spoon with a long handle and roll the buttered pastry sheets to make it a long rope. Twist the pastry rope to make it a cup in the prepared pan. repeat the process, until you have all of the cups ready.
- Fill the buttered cups with the nuts. Bake them covered until golden brown. When the cups are baked, poor the cold syrup in top of every cup, they will absorb the amazing syrup as they are super hot! Enjoy it! If you need the video instructions, check our Instagram reel with this recipe.
Gluten Free Honey Granola Recipe
Honey Granola Recipe
Do you love granola as much as I do? Make your own healthy, gluten free honey granola!!!!
Keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months. It makes a beautiful gift for your friends and family, just put the granola in a large mason jar, label it and gift it wilt love!
This recipe yield about 8 cups of granola, enough for 16 servings.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts or seeds of your choice (almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of your choice of Sunny Honey Miami
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried fruit of your choice : chopped dried apricots, cranberries, dried cherries, etc
- optional mix ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- In another bowl mix together the oil, the vanilla and the honey
- Pour the oil mixture onto the oats mixture, mix well, until every oat md nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan, spread it into an even layer.
- Bake until lighly golden, stiring halfway. Let the granola cool completelly, undisturbed. Top with the dried fruits, chocolate chips or coconut flakes. Mix well.
- Enjoy it and remember that you can customize this recipe, starting with the creamed honey used for the recipe.
Tips for Staying Healthy Through the Changing Seasons
Tips for Staying Healthy Through the Changing Seasons
As autumn changes to fall, and fall into winter, the days become shorter, the air becomes colder, and the leaves fall to the ground to decompose. Just as nature moves through seasonal changes, so too do our bodies. This is a time when we can turn inward to regain our strength through practices that ground and nourish us. Doing so will help us to reemerge in the spring with vitality and vigor.
Simple meal swaps that focus on seasonal offerings, grounding lifestyle practices, adaptogenic herbs, and the cultivation of balance, are all key ingredients to a staying healthy through flu season.
The seasonal transitions into the darker, colder months can leave your body feeling dry and depleted. Tending to your body’s needs for increased nourishment and more digestible foods is fundamental for a smooth transition between seasons, all year long. When you support a healthy digestive and immune system during times of seasonal change, you give your body the resources and “back-up” it needs to face any colds and flus headed your way. Focus on preparing meals with seasonal ingredients, like carrots, beets, pears, citrus, celery root, and more, and prepare them in ways that are grounding, like low and slow cooking methods, and in warming dishes like soups, stews, warm beverages, and more!
Luckily, many of the most beneficial herbs for cold and flu season are probably sitting in your spice cabinet or on your counter right now – making them the perfect immune-supporting addition to any breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Garlic, thyme, ginger, oregano, to name a few, are some of the most powerful and safest antivirals and antibacterial herbal medicines we have available. Cook dishes packed with antioxidant, vitamin, and mineral rich food choices, and your meals will not only be delicious, but nutritious and immune-boosting as well!
Delicious Ingredients with Medicinal Benefits
Honey: Not only is honey a superfood, it may also help prevent both viral and bacterial infections, including colds, flus, and more! Honey, especially raw/unprocessed honey, offers a wide array of nutritional benefits, makes a great sugar replacement in coffee or tea, and can be eaten right off the spoon as a delicious, throat-soothing remedy with immune-boosting benefits. Sunny Honey Miami only uses raw honey, infused with whole ingredients. https://sunnyhoneymiami.com/product-category/creamed-honey/
Sage (Salvia officinalis): Traditionally, sage was used to support upper respiratory distress and sore throats, move phlegm out of the body during sinus infections, and soothe the stomach when upset. The earthy-pine flavors make sage easy to incorporate into soups, stews, and a wide variety of sauces/gravies.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa): Turmeric is a well-known herb for its bright color, and without a doubt, this herb is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory botanicals recognized by modern research. Turmeric can be easily added to any cold or warm dish, giving any meal a pop of color and potent dose of antioxidants!
We hope you’ll put to use some of the strategies and tips from this article to help you minimize the chance of becoming sick this cold and flu season. Fall and winter are a great time to check-in on your health and tend to self-care habits that will provide a strong foundation for your mind, body, and soul to thrive throughout each season ahead.
Gluten Free Chickpea Cookie Dough
Gluten Free Chickpea Cookie Dough
This chickpea cookie dough is a healthier take on regular cookie dough, vegetarian and gluten free!
- 1 1/8 cups (400 gr) canned chickpea
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or any nut butter of your choice
- 3 Tbs Sunny Honey Miami Cacao Creamed Honey or the infused honey of your choice (pumpkin spice creamed honey, vanilla creamed, plain creamed)
- 1/4 tbs salt
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbs Oat flour (grind rolled oats)
- 2 Tbs Almond milk or the nut milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
If you are using rolled oats, process them first in your food processor.
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined. For firmer cookie dough which can be rolled into balls, add more flour.
Store it refrigerated in your recycled honey glass jars, eat it within a week.
For a quick snack, eat the chickpea cookie dough by the spoonful! For on the go snacks, make a firmer cookie dough and roll it into balls or shape it into bars. You can serve it with apple slices, pretzels or graham cookies. This cookie dough is a great addition to your fruit board.
Enjoy it, guilt free!
Gluten Free Pistachio and Creamed Honey Cookies
Gluten Free Pistachio and creamed Honey Cookies
These pistachio and creamed honey cookies are a healthier version of the Middle Eastern cookies that I love so much! Gluten free with no added sugar, a great way to use the Sunny Honey Miami creamed honey.
Servings: 16 / Prep time 10 minutes / Cook time 15 minutes
- 1 cup pistachios raw, and shelled, 1/2 whole pistachios for topping
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (check the label for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Sunny Honey Miami Creamed Honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pulse the pistachios in the food processor until they are fairly crumb-like, a few lumps is fine, I actually like the crunch. Ground the rolled oats to a flour.
- Mix the pistachios, almond flour, the oat flour, melted butter, honey and egg and pulse a few times to mix well. The mixture should be fairy sticky and wet.
- Divide the dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls. Top every cookie with whole pistachios, press them down into the dough.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cookies are firm and slightly golden at the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the cookies are completely cool, store them in an airtight container. Enjoy them!
Honey Glazed Walnuts (or any nuts of your choice)
Honey Glazed Walnuts
2 tbs butter
1/4 cups creamed honey
2 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
2 cups walnuts or the nuts of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a pan melt the butter, add the sugar, the honey and the salt, mix to combine. This should take 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the nuts, mix well to coat them in the butter honey mixture.
- Lay this mixture as flat as possible on the lined pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to change color to a reddish brown.
- Let them cool completely before you break them into smaller pieces.
To serve: keep the Honey Glazed Walnuts in an airtight jar for up to 2 weeks. Take them on a long hike for energy, add to salads, or toss on top of your ice cream or your favorite smoothie bowl.